Monday 23 September 2013

Cow's Heart Dissection

What sort of apron do you wear in the kitchen?

We spent an afternoon dissecting a cow's heart and investigating the various parts we could find. We were able to see the valves, aorta, atrium, ventricles and the "heartstrings" which were really tough tendons. Enjoy the comments made by our students.

I was so curious of the cow's heart.
I am ready with my plastic gloves and glasses.


I looked at the cow's heart. It felt gross.

I wonder why there is a string stuck to the heart?

I will cut the heart..I felt a little bit scared.

I felt sick before dissecting the cow's heart because I thought there would be blood splashing.

Barrett has a theory that these words might be related.


I am so curious now...



This is what it looks like inside the cow's heart.


The heart is not soft. It is a muscle so it is hard.

In the end, we are drawing the heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment